To keep pace with an ever-evolving energy landscape, many utility companies have committed to reducing their carbon footprint. RED Rochester is also taking this approach making Eastman Business Park more efficient than a standard public utility.
To support their mission, they recently invested in upgrades to their plant that included chiller replacements. Boulter was brought on to safely remove and replace the existing units with energy-efficient oil-free centrifugal Smardt chillers.
As a single-source solution company, Boulter presented the right resources and personnel to tackle this chiller installation. We first received the units at our warehouse until the site was prepared. From there, we transported the equipment to the location and began the install. Using an assortment of rigging equipment and the plant’s overhead crane, the 44,000 lb. unit was set in place.
Capabilities Applied & Processes Implemented
- Received units at our warehouse
- Transported to the facility using our covered landoll trailers
- Installation and assembly done by Boulter field employees
- Equipment leveling and alignment
- Anchoring equipment to concrete floor based on manufacturing specifications
Equipment Used for Installation
- Open landoll trailer
- Rollback retractable curtainside trailer
- 7.5-ton fork truck
- 3.5-ton fork truck
- Fork truck boom
- Rigging gang box
- Porta power
- Heel bars