To keep abreast of the ever-changing energy landscape, Recycled Energy Development (RED-Rochester), the multi-utility generation plant supplying power to Eastman Business Park, continues to upgrade its infrastructure with world-class equipment.
As part of a new district cooling project, a local mechanical contractor sought out Boulter’s warehousing, heavy hauling, and rigging capabilities for a SMARDT chiller installation at the RED Rochester plant.
As a single-source solution company, Boulter presented the right resources and personnel to tackle this chiller installation. We first received the units at our warehouse until the site was prepared. From there, we transported the equipment to the location and began the install. Using an assortment of rigging equipment and the plant’s overhead crane, we set, leveled, and aligned each 44,000 lb. unit in place.
Capabilities Applied & Processes Implemented
- Received units at our warehouse
- Transported to the facility using our covered landoll trailers
- Installation and assembly done by Boulter field employees
- Equipment leveling and alignment
- Anchoring equipment to concrete floor based on manufacturing specifications
Equipment Used for Installation
- Open landoll trailer
- Rollback retractable curtainside trailer
- 7.5-ton fork truck
- 3.5-ton fork truck
- Fork truck boom
- Rigging gang box
- Porta power
- Heal bars