The Customer Request
In 2017, Rochester General Hospital announced a five-year renovation project that included the Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care, a seven-story building with 108 private rooms, 20 operating rooms, and additional space to expand its service offerings.
Throughout the project, Boulter was selected by local contractors to provide services assisting in the installation of the building’s electrical gear and air handling units.
The Boulter Solution
The first part of our involvement included storing, transporting, and installing 18 sections of electrical gear and transformers into the building’s basement. A few months later, we returned to furnish and install steel support frames for four air handling units. Using the project’s tower crane, a skate system, forklifts, and miscellaneous tooling we then rigged the four air handling units in place.
Capabilities Applied & Processes Implemented
- Store 18 sections of electrical gear and 2 transformers
- Heavy Hauling
- Transport 18 sections of electrical gear and 2 transformers
- Steel Fabrication
- Furnished and installed 4 steel support frames for the air handling units
- Installation of 18 sections of electrical gear and 2 transformers in the basement
- Received 4 air handling units to the work area by tower crane
- Rigged into place by Boulter and set on the supporting steel frames
- Fork trucks
- Porta powers
- Heel bars
- Welding equipment
- Rigging gang box