Boulter was contacted by QED to relocate a Q22-600 machine and its accessories to Boulter’s warehouse to be prepared for overseas transport.
Boulter’s rigging crew removed the machine from the location and transported it using a Landoll trailer. Once it arrived at our warehouse and was ready for the custom crating and packaging process, Boulter’s crating shop prepared the equipment using materials like bubble wrap, desiccant, vacuum seal, stretch wrap, and Shockwatch and Tip-n-Tell indicators to ensure safe transport for the equipment traveling overseas.
Capabilities Applied & Processes Implemented
Rigging and Transportation
- Rig one Q22-600 machine and accessories from location
- Transport equipment to Boulter to be stored in the warehouse until ready for crating and packaging services
Crating and Packaging
- Secured, blocked, and braced the equipment to the skid base and within the cate by using fasteners such as nails, screws, lag bolts, carriage bolts, steel banding, and poly strapping and wood blocking
- Applied corrosion inhibitor, vacuum-sealed barrier bag and implemented additional crating closures
- All wooden packaging materials met ISPM 15 rules and regulations for overseas customs acceptance
- 7.5-ton forklift
- Heat sealable barrier material and powered heat sealers
- Stretch wrap
- Tip-n-Tell indicators
- Air compressor and pneumatic nail devices