Boulter has extensive experience with rigging and installation of toner machinery. In order to install the new dry and wet LaRox Toner machinery for Xerox Corporation, Boulter used a range of equipment; including, multiple gantry systems, 75-ton and 300-ton cranes, forklifts, and manlifts.
The project began by preparing the building for the removal of the old machines. The original installation was prior to the building’s completion, which meant Boulter had to contend with structural issues as well as machinery relocation.
Capabilities Applied & Processes Implemented
- Received units at the customer site
- Breakdown pieces based on install
- Worked for four months to prepare site and building for the removal of the old machine
- All assembly done by Boulter field employees; crews worked two ten-men shifts.
Equipment Used for Installation
- Multiple gantry systems
- 75-ton crane
- 300-ton crane
- Fork trucks
- Hand truck
Estimated Part Weight
- Wet section: 160,000 pounds
- Dry section: 83,000 pounds